The Aspinall Arms Mitton Road Mitton - 5th April 2016

My first review of The Aspinall Arms this year, though sure it will not be the last, as it is in a cracking spot, with its beer garden overlooking the River Ribble, great in the summer months.


I like to try out their vegan menu which is always available, so today's visit was for lunch.


I ordered beetroot carpaccio to start, followed by cauliflower and sweet potato tagine with couscous as a main course.   Our waitress came back within a minute or two, to say they had no chestnuts for the carpaccio dressing, would hazelnut and honey be okay.   I mentioned that honey is not vegan, which I also did on my last two visits, as the quinoa salad also includes honey, but seems my comments fell on deaf ears.

When my starter arrived, it was a picture on a plate and included golden beetroot, baby beetroot, cucumber, fennel, grapefruit, baby leeks, crushed hazelnuts and plenty of olive oil dressing.   The dish was beautifully presented and totally delicious, my ideal kind of starter, I loved it.



The main course was equally well presented and colourful like the starter, accompanied by spring onions, chillies, pitta bread and a dollop of what I think was yogurt or creme fraiche. I think this must have been an oversight, as this dish is also on the main menu as a vegetarian option, so I just left it to the side.



I was too full for a dessert, even sorbet, as the main course was quite substantial and I was fit to burst by the finish, so even missed having coffee.   I really like The Aspinall Arms and will definitely revisit in the future, but hope they ensure that dishes are fully vegan if they say they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment