Olives Restaurant Rua Brigadeiro Oudinot Funchal - 11th May 2016

Olives Restaurant is located on the third floor of an art deco building, right in the middle of Funchal and is accessible via a lift inside.


I contacted chef/proprietor Luis Oliveira, who informed me they had a vegetarian and vegan menu, with choices for both starter and main courses.



As we were docking in Funchal on a cruise, I booked a table for lunch and was really looking forward to our visit, which as it turned out, exceeded my expectations.


Luis came out to greet us, which was so welcoming and showed us to a table near the window, as sadly due to the very windy weather, we could not sit outside on the terrace, but on a sunny day the terrace is a must.



I chose the avocado and tamarillo salad with a hot chilly sauce, it was delicious and beautifully presented.


I really wanted to try the organic tofu and chickpea stew with seeded bread, but with allergies to soya and sunflower seeds, I went for the stuffed pepper, an excellent choice, it was so tasty and looked fabulous on the plate.



I chose a Portuguese rose wine by Ribafrexio which has Vegan Society registration, so I really was in vegan heaven.   I had lovely fruits with sorbet for dessert (I was so enjoying myself I forgot to take a photo), but be assured it looked as fantastic on the plate as my other two dishes.

Olive's Restaurant is a fantastic place and Luis and all the staff are so friendly and welcoming, so any vegans visiting Funchal, Olives has to be top of your priority list if you want to dine out.



No comments:

Post a Comment