The V Factor Calle la Porra Arrecife - 16th May 2016

The V Factor is a quirky 100% vegan eatery and I went for lunch, whilst in port on a cruise, you cannot miss it, with its bright sign and chalk written wall outside clearly saying 'Vegan Food'.


  

The decor inside is like something I have never seen, with reused tyres for tables, old newspapers as wallpaper, but the place had charm and was totally chilled.




The menu is extensive and the staff immediately realised we were struggling with the menus, so brought us some English versions.





I explained about my allergies, which was dealt with in such a friendly helpful way, so I chose a vegan omelette baguette and Steven had an oat burger, with a salad to share.   We were very impressed with the food and its presentation, it was all delicious and freshly made.







We could not resist dessert, so chocolate cake for Steven and Gofio a traditional Canarian dessert made of ground corn and banana for me, both excellent as you can see from the photos.



We had a chat with one of the guys, who said they make everything, from their own burgers, seitan, hot dogs, cakes and they had found local suppliers, who would make vegan bread for them.

The V Factor was one of my favourite finds, in what is a desert for vegans in the Canaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment