The Three Fishes Mitton Road Whalley - 19th February 2015

This was our second visit to The Three Fishes this year and I am sure there will be many more.  I always contact an establishment at least two weeks in advance to give plenty of notice and in this case, had confirmation from Manager Martin that all was organised.
I am also very happy to have whatever head chef Ian has created as I have complete faith in his understanding of what vegan means and so here is his menu below:


I was very impressed with the concept of the starter and sadly my photo does not do it justice, think I need to upgrade my mobile phone as the camera is not the best.   But I loved the dish particularly as it was so light but full of flavour, one thing I do not like is a huge filling starter, as I struggle with three courses anyway.   This dish got top marks.


Mains was very filling and I could not eat all of the fritters but not from want of trying to, they were so moreish, lovely light batter and sweet onion, the bean stew was really good too and the beans were perfectly cooked, a pet hate is overcooked pulses so they go to mush, this was far from that.


Dessert was quite refreshing with the fruit base and the cinder toffee added a nice crunchy texture to the soft fruit, I just managed to polish it all off, ending another great meal, well fed and full.


I love the attitude of the team at The Three Fishes, very accommodating as to special diets and I think even if I just turned up, they would do their utmost to provide a tasty vegan meal.  It will not be long before I make a return visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment