The Greedy Fox King William Street Blackburn - 25th February 2015

The Greedy Fox has only been open for three weeks and grabbed our attention as on the board outside, one of the dishes served was falafels and houmous, which I love, so hence we chose it for lunch.   To be honest I had found few vegan options on any menus in Blackburn, other than jacket potato and baked beans, but its not often we visit so maybe there are places we do not know about.   However The Greedy Fox is something a little different and is in a good location in the town centre.   The friendly young lady behind the counter explained the falafels and houmous were served with tomato and onion salad and pitta bread.   I explained I followed a vegan diet and asked what the falafels were made from and immediately the chap behind the counter, whose name was Islam and the owner told me exactly what the ingredients were, so I happily placed our order for two alongwith Earl Grey teas.   The falafels were some of the best I have had and the dish was spot on for a light lunch, next time I will try the Egyptian platter which can be made vegan without the feta.   Service was very friendly and helpful and when next in Blackburn I will definitely return.


No comments:

Post a Comment