1847 Vegetarian Bistro Mosley Street Manchester - 13th March 2015

This was our second visit to 1847 as we were meeting up with friends who had not been before and were not even vegetarians.   We were shown to our table by Scott who explained the menus, as there is A La Carte and tasting menus, with the five course tasting menu being our choice.   They cater for vegans too so I had my own five course tasting menu as well.


We ordered some wine and enjoyed the meal course by course, sadly I was so enjoying myself I forgot to take photos of the puddings, but trust me they were fantastic.   My starter was garlic mushrooms with polenta and tomato relish which was really tasty.


Second course was celeriac, dates, kale and coconut, which is an unusual  combination, but it really did work for me.


Next course was battered tofu, mushy pea emulsion and sea herb, as you can see from the photo, I had demolished one piece before I remembered to take my photo, it was that good.   I had this as a main course on our last visit and it was just as good as I remembered it.


I really like the portion sizes, might not suit diners who want huge portions, which I hate, so I think I could even manage the seven course tasting menu.   Our friends thoroughly enjoyed their first vegetarian dining experience and said they would love to return when next back in Manchester.   This place is another great place to dine as a vegan in Manchester.

No comments:

Post a Comment