Turners Cafe And Bistro Gisburn Road Barrowford - 6th March 2015

I visited Turners Cafe & Bistro for lunch with my friend as she lives nearby and I had emailed to ask if they could cater for my vegan diet by veganising the veggie board they had on the menu.   I received a really speedy response from owner Steven to say no problem, its always a good sign I think when you do not have to chase to get a reply and places have such a positive attitude to dietary requirements.   So I met my friend for lunch today and thank goodness I had booked a table, this place gets busy.   Turners is family run and has expanded over time and I am dying to try their new venture The White Swan at Fence which has just had a rave review by The Guardian restaurant critic Jay Rayner.   Its on the bucket list if chef Tom Parker caters for vegans!

I ordered a vegan version of the veggie board after our very helpful waitress had a word with chef and it was just my kind of lunch dish.   The presentation was great for starters and the board consisted of pickled chillis, roasted red peppers, houmous, tomato salsa, olives, two kinds of salad and flatbread.   It was so tasty and I demolished the lot bar a bit of flatbread which was a good sized portion.


They also serve Turners pizza and saw one being delivered to one of the other tables, so guess what I will be ordering next time and there will definitely be a next time, because I like what they are doing at Turners, a nice relaxed chilled atmosphere, good food and wine and great coffee too which I ended my meal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment