Abel Heywood Turner Street Manchester - 14th March 2015

We had been following Abel Heywood on Twitter prior to their opening late last year and called in for drinks in January, were shown around the rooms which are lovely and booked for last night the 13th March.   Based on our first visit, it will be our place of choice to stay in Manchester in future.  Its in a great location in the Northern Quarter with all its bars and restaurants but very close to the city centre for shopping.   There is also an NCP carpark so very handy if you are arriving by car and although we arrived by train it is also close to Victoria Station.   We got a very warm welcome from Alex on reception, to find we had been upgraded to one of their loft rooms, which was most welcome and appreciated.   The room had a very big comfy bed, flat screen TV, modern bathroom, tea and coffee facilities and plenty of towels, what more could you want.   The bar is a buzzing place and they serve great cocktails and I am slowly working my way through the list, but I can highly recommend the Bramble.


I enquired prior to our visit about what vegan option I could have for breakfast and was emailed a copy of their brunch menu, which had plenty of dishes which could be amended for my vegan diet, so my choice was a spicy vegetable and bean burrito with red pepper ragu.  It was delicious, in fact I could probably have eaten another, but that would have been greedy!!


I was initially a little concerned it would be noisy later on in the night, from the bar below or people outside, it being in a busy area, especially as neither I or my husband normally sleep well in hotels, but we had a great nights sleep at Abel Heywood, maybe it was the big comfy bed.   On check out we met Olivia who we met in January and took our booking and happens to be Alex's sister, they make a really good front of house team, much nicer than many hotels where its a bit of a frosty reception, at Abel Heywood it feels more homely and hence why we will stay here on future visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment