1847 Vegetarian Bistro Mosley Street Manchester - 15th January 2015

I had enquired as to vegan options at 1847 and Alex Claridge development chef kindly sent me the latest menus which included plenty of choice for myself so I made a reservation.   We arrived and were shown to our table, the place had a really nice vibe with many tables already occupied.  The waiter took our drinks order and explained that as well as the A La Carte there were five and seven course tasting menus both of which could be vegan.   We decided to opt for the A La Carte and so I ordered parsnip, wild mushroom, Malaysian lemongrass and almond starter followed by beer battered tofu which came with chips, pea mayo and sea herbs.   My husband had the wild mushroom crackling and halloumi cheese  version of my main course.   What can I say, the starter was light, tasty and fresh and very nicely presented and perfectly sized, I hate being overfaced.




As for the main course, well again what can I say, it was fantastic, the batter was light and crisp, the chips were to die for and the pea mayo was a really nice twist on the classic mushy peas and I loved the samphire sea herb.




My husband was suitably impressed with his meal which he finished with a vanilla cheesecake which he said was one of the best, I am sorry to say I jibbed on dessert, as I was so full.   This is clever cooking and it is great to have fine dining vegan and vegetarian food and having dined in many Michelin starred restaurants, is up there with the best but at a fraction of the cost.   This is now on the list to revisit, how lucky are the people of Manchester to have such a fabulous restaurant on their doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment