Manchester House Spinningfields Manchester - 26th June 2015

I have been to Manchester House twice, the first visit I enjoyed, the second visit was most disappointing and this, my third visit, was for a friend's 50th birthday who wanted to visit Manchester House after seeing the TV programme "Restaurant Wars".   She wanted to dine from the extended A La Carte and although a vegan version had been arranged, many of the dishes were on the tasting menus I had dined from previously.   I was very disappointed, not only by the unimaginative dishes, but very much so by the flavour and lack of consistency and bearing in mind the prices, it really should be spot on.   The best dishes were the sourdough and the pea mousse, but interestingly the remaining three in our party (all meat and fish eaters) were even more disappointed than me, which was rather a surprise.

As is normal, we were asked several times if we had enjoyed the meal, to which we replied yes everything was okay, but by the starter course, it was pretty evident that we would not be returning.   What was the point of making a fuss, complaining and spoiling our friends celebration and we did not want remuneration but expectations were high and we left rather underwhelmed.   I know Manchester House is aiming for a Michelin Star, but to be honest I would be surprised if they gain this accolade.   I know that vegans just by the nature of our diet, can be considered uneducated in fine dining but having experienced some of the finest Michelin restaurants in the UK over the years, I do feel qualified to critique and sadly this will be my last visit to Manchester House.

Sourdough bread with olive oil
Celeriac & apple remoulade with pommery mustard

Pea mousse with cep mushroom
Charred gem lettuce, truffle, artichoke 
Pearl barley, pumpkin seed granola
Roasted carrot, potato fondant
Roasted apricot, pecan & raspberry











No comments:

Post a Comment