Whaletail Cafe Penny Street Lancaster - Wednesday 1st July 2015

I have been to Whaletail Cafe many years ago, but on a recent trip to Morecambe, due to Network Rail problems, found myself at Lancaster train station with time on my hands and a hungry tummy. Whaletail is 5 minutes from the station and remembering how good it was last time, it was a no brainer rather than standing at the station, with nothing vegan to eat at Costa Coffee bar a packet of dried mango!!

Whaletail Cafe is on the second floor and in the same building as Single Step Wholefoods another must visit place for vegans, as it is packed with everything you need.   Whaletail has a lovely cosy feel and I love the artwork over the counter made up of kitchen utensils in the shape of a whale and they have a big specials board as you walk in and a varied menu including vegan options.






I only wanted a light lunch as I was dining later that day, so I chose the salad bowl which is always vegan and consisted of chickpeas in a curry mayo, carrot and raisin salad, wild rice, lettuce leaves, tomato, pasta salad and lentils with mint.   They also have a fabulous cake display many being vegan and offered vegan crumble with either vegan ice-cream or custard.



I have decided to make a second trip to Lancaster, in the not too distant future, to sample their vegan breakfast straight off the train, do a bit of shopping and then back for tea and cakes!   They even have outdoor space which is great on a sunny day.   Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment