1847 Vegetarian Bistro Mosley Street Manchester- 17th October 2015

I have been to 1847 Vegetarian Bistro several times and so visited for dinner once again.   The last visit I had the vegan tasting menu, but this time I opted for A La Carte.   The place was busy, it being a Saturday night, but not so much that it felt frenetic, it has a very chilled atmosphere.

There are good selections for vegans, though I think an improvement would be highlighting which wines are suitable for both vegetarians and vegans.   I chose an Emiliana Pinot Noir wine, which I know is vegan and organic.




I chose the roasted parsnip soup to start, served with some delicious bread, I really liked the black sesame seeds and quinoa which gave the dish texture.


Mains was the roasted mushroom and fennel dish with a side order of chips, as I was hungry from walking miles round Manchester during the day.   I really enjoyed this dish, the potato and mustard veloute was light and delicately flavoured and of course who doesn't love chips!


Pudding was strawberries with almond cream and sea salt streusel, which was a lovely end to a really enjoyable dinner.   I love the fact that it was almond cream, as an alternative to soya (which I am allergic to).

The service throughout the evening was friendly, efficient and any requests quickly dealt with, so a great evening and one which I hope to repeat sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment