Soup Kitchen Spear Street Manchester - 26th October 2015

I have been meaning to pop into Soup Kitchen for ages and wish I had done sooner, as I loved it on my first visit.   It is a really relaxed kind of place, with long bench type communal tables, loads of people coming and going, with blackboards explaining what dishes were available and plenty of vegan options.


You order food at the counter, so I opted for a roasted vegetable and houmous sandwich, with a mug of roasted butternut squash and sage soup, which at £6.50 was a bargain.   The lunch was delicious with loads of filling in the sandwich, which was probably one of the best sandwiches I have eaten recently.


I could not manage any cake for afters, but there were vegan peanut butter brownies and veggie fritterz available.




I will certainly be revisiting Soup Kitchen and will make sure I have room for whatever vegan cakes are on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment