Makrovega Leština ulica Split - 30th September 2015

I found Makrovega on Happy Cow and it got rave reviews, so when we docked in Split on a cruise, I headed off for lunch.   If you visit Makrovega do not be put off as to its location, its a little off the beaten track, but certainly worth it.



Makrovega has a daily lunch menu for 60 kuna, which is roughly £6, although you can omit the soup course if you wish, for a small reduction which is what I did.   They were very helpful, when I asked if the dish could be made without soya and husband swopped his steamed vegetables for my bean casserole, made with pinto beans which I am sadly also allergic to.


My husband loved the vegetable soup, which was light, fresh and full of flavour and a good sized portion.


The main course was really good, I really enjoyed my first taste of gomashio and you could tell the food was freshly made, as my husband's seitan had tofu layered with it and was served with tofunaise.   Mine however was a thicker piece of seitan with no tofunaise, crisp on the outside and chewy in the middle.   I loved the place and its food and it had a lovely chilled out atmosphere.


Makrovega is really popular, with a diverse customer base, women were lunching on their own, families dining together, workmen in overalls coming in for a takeaway, which was a brisk trade at lunchtime and as for the cake display, I was swooning but far too full, to take advantage.   If in Split you have to visit Makrovega.

No comments:

Post a Comment