Country Kitchen Cafe Clitheroe Road Waddington - 8th June 2016

Country Kitchen Cafe is in the picturesque village of Waddington, in the Ribble Valley, most of which is an Area Of Outstanding Beauty and you can see why, with its beautiful surrounding countryside.

The cafe must have been a village shop at some time, with its traditional frontage and on a sunny lunchtime, looked very inviting from the roadside, with lovely hanging baskets, tables and chairs and colourful bunting.



The cafe inside is equally cosy and welcoming, with a homely feel and obviously popular with cyclists, walkers and visitors.



They also sell homemade jams, chutneys, knick knacks, games, mugs and stoneware pottery and I could not resist making a purchase.



On this spur of the moment visit, I had not enquired as to vegan options, so it was pot luck with whatever was on the menu.   There were a couple of options I would have had, prior to my allergy problems, so jacket potato with baked beans or five bean chilli with rice and salad.   There was also jacket potato with mushrooms and when I went to the counter, Tim the owner was happy to cook the mushrooms in olive oil and serve it with extra salad.



The jacket potato was huge, with loads of tasty just cooked mushrooms and fresh salad on the side, but so good I devoured the lot.   I also ordered a large black Americano coffee with an extra shot, which was so delicious I ordered another.

I also overheard Tim speaking to another customer, who had dietary requirements and his immediate answer was 'you can have what you want'.   What a great attitude and why I love to support independents.

I will definitely be returning and would recommend a visit, even if it is just for a coffee, before you explore this gorgeous part of the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment