Piccolino Moor Lane Clitheroe - 12th June 2016

Piccolino Clitheroe is at the bottom of Moor Lane, in the market town of Clitheroe and although we do not visit often, it only makes visits more enjoyable when we do.   We were warmly welcomed by General Manager Dan and shown through to the bar for a pre-dinner drink.   I had an Aperol Spritz, my favourite drink and it is thanks to Piccolino's for introducing me to this refreshing drink of Aperol (vegan friendly on Barnivore), Prosecco and soda water with a slice of orange.


I ordered Nocellera olives and if you ever see them on a menu, do not hesitate to order them, they are the best, these were huge and succulent, the biggest olives I have ever eaten.

We were shown to our table by Frederica, a bubbly young waitress from Naples, who is perfect front of house and makes sure you are well looked after.   I ordered grilled asparagus off the main menu for starters, without the egg and butter herb crumb.   When the piping hot dish arrived, Frederica had not only asked chef to add extra asparagus, but also tender stem broccoletti.   The dish was delicious, well seasoned and I mopped up all the juices and olive oil with bread.



Main course was Pasta Alla Norma, made with aubergine and chilli and normally served with ricotta, but again the dish was tweaked to include some delicious tomatoes and yellow peppers.   I also ordered a side salad, which I especially loved with the bitter chicory and dressed just with olive oil




To accompany dinner, I ordered Pra Otto Soave a fabulous vegan wine, not cheap by any means I must admit, but the best Soave I have drunk, so worth pushing the boat out.


Double espresso finished the meal (no sleep for me last night), but I love my coffee especially Italian, so I could not resist.

All in all Piccolino Clitheroe is my favourite Italian restaurant,  I get well looked after as regards my vegan diet, which makes for a totally relaxed evening, so I will definitely be revisiting.




No comments:

Post a Comment