Maxwells Cafe Bar King Street Clitheroe - 29th June 2016

Maxwells Cafe Bar is part of Dawsons Department Store, across from the train and bus stations and car parks so really handy when you visit, whatever your transport.   There is plenty of outside seating, all undercover and on sunny days (today not being one of them) there is an open roof terrace.

Maxwells is modern and airy and when we arrived, just after noon, had plenty of tables free, but by one o'clock on a Wednesday lunchtime, the place was packed.   There are newspapers to read and if you sit outside, you can happily while away time, as its a good place for people watching.



They have introduced a vegan menu and when I asked for a copy, our waiter Phil kindly offered to print one off for me to take home, which was kind.   Service throughout our visit, was very friendly and helpful.


I chose Cajun vegetable salad, chips and a large Americano coffee, which was so good I wanted another, but best not, I would never sleep later.   The salad was a large portion, but for me needed more Cajun spicing and crispier vegetables, like the sweet potato on my husband's superfood salad, for texture, but I still enjoyed it and polished it off with the delicious chips.



It is fantastic Maxwells offer a vegan menu and I will return to try other dishes and support their decision to include one.

Update 22nd September 2016

I revisited Maxwells today for lunch and chose the vegan club sandwich, served on toasted brown bloomer bread, it was delicious, moist and very moreish.   Whilst ordering, a chap behind me was served the sweet potato and sweetcorn tin tacos, so I know exactly what I will be having next time, as it also looked equally tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment