Comptoir Libanais Spinningfields Manchester - 14th November 2015

I visited Comptoir Libanais on a dank and wet Saturday lunchtime and the place lifts your mood as soon as you walk through the door, it is so colourful and bright, even the menu!



I had been on their website and found it easy to decide on vegan options, as there is a search filter, so I knew there was a good selection of dishes for me to choose from.   I chose baba ghanju dip, fattoush salad and batata harra, a spiced potato dish, all tasty and delicious and just the kind of food I love, fresh and light.




I had an excellent mug of black Americano coffee, but a big thumbs up to Comptoir Libanais, as they serve soya or almond milk.


The Manchester branch had only opened two days earlier, but we had excellent service from Lorenzo our waiter who had moved up to Manchester from one of their London branches.   We had a chat with Charli, who I presume is the Manager and she explained that all the tiles, teapots, bags, foodstuffs and everything for sale, in the front part of the building were all authentic and imported from Lebanon.   Everywhere you look is a big splash of vibrant colour, even the ladies toilets!



If the weather had been fine there are lovely seating areas at the front of the building, but it was a little cold on this visit.


I will definitely make a return trip Comptoir Libanais, as I want to try more of their delicious Lebanese dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment