Crispy Cauliflower Pasta

I was given this recipe by my friend Joe, who had seen it in the Sunday Times magazine, so thanks Joe its fantastic!

700 g cauliflower chopped
80 g pine nuts
60 ml olive oil
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 tbsp oregano
2 tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp chilli  flakes
400 g any kind of pasta I used fusilli
Salt and pepper

Serves 4

Put the cauliflower and pine nuts into a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.


Put the olive oil in a pan, add the cauliflower, lemon  zest, oregano, garlic and chilli flakes, season with plenty salt and pepper and cook until the cauliflower is golden brown.


Whilst the cauliflower is cooking, cook the pasta until al dente, drain and toss with the cauliflower mixture.


I served the pasta dish with some lightly fried broccoli, which worked really well, but you could serve it with some lightly fried greens or kale.   I love this recipe and the humble cauliflower really makes it, so I will definitely be making it again and again.


No comments:

Post a Comment