The Aspinall Arms Mitton Road Whalley - 19th November 2015

I have not reviewed The Aspinall Arms for awhile, but had some vouchers that had to be spent before the end of November, so tonight was my opportunity.   I love the place and always look forward to seeing what is on the menu and tonight was no exception, although I forgot to take a photo of the menu but options were:

Starters
Waldorf salad with mimosa dressing
Butternut squash risotto, with pumpkin seeds and sunblushed tomatoes (main course optional)

Mains
Moroccan chickpea salad with apricots, pomegranate, pumpkin seeds, almonds and harissa dressing
Tofu salad with vermicelli noodles and sesame dressing
Roast aubergine with vegetables and tomato sauce

Dessert
Trio of sorbets
Fruits and berries with sorbet

I chose the Waldorf salad which was nicely presented, with lots of rocket, gem lettuce, apple, grapes, walnuts, celery and a light tasty dressing.   I am not a huge portion person and so I like to chose a salad type of starter and this was perfect.



Mains was a huge portion of the aubergine dish, with a side of chips, but I did rather well on the eating front, good job I did not order a risotto starter!






I chose a very nice bottle of Boutinot 'Les Coteaux' Côtes du Rhône Villages a vegan wine, which went really well with the main course.   I really love the fact that Boutinot make it so easy to decide which wines are vegan, as on their tasting notes and product information, they say whether the wine is vegan or not.



I was way to full for pudding, so just had a large espresso to finish the meal.   Service throughout was excellent and I have to repeat what I said in previous reviews, that The Aspinall Arms gets a big thumbs up for their vegan menu and long may it continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment