The Three Fishes Mitton Road Mitton - 20th February 2016

This was my second visit to The Three Fishes in one week, as I work my way through the vegan options they have recently introduced.


I had a quick lunch with a friend on Tuesday and chose the starter beetroot and caramelised red onion tart, but as a main course option with chips.   I love the attitude of all the staff, whether it be front of house or the chefs, as nothing is ever a problem.   It was delicious and so tasty and I would happily order it again.



On Saturday night, I visited with my husband for dinner and got a warm welcome from Managers Martin and Danielle and then had drinks in the bar.   I had already decided to have the black pea and chilli burger, so I decided to forego a starter, which was a good idea, the burger was substantial.

It was served on a board accompanied by chips, labelled on the menu with a 'V' as they are cooked in vegetable oil, piccalilli, mustard, ketchup and onion rings.   The chips are always fabulous at The Three Fishes and as for the burger, well one word 'awesome' layered with lettuce and beef tomato.   The burger was nice and thick, yet not dry at all, it was moist and tasty and I am salivating as I write.





I drank a delicious Argentinian Torrontes Vida Organica wine, which was a great companion for the burger, it still surprises me how many vegan wines there are on wine lists, which I now recognise.



Service from our waiter Sam was efficient, professional but friendly, any queries or requests were swiftly dealt with, he is perfect for front of house.  I was fit to burst but still managed a couple of scoops of some delicious mango sorbet to finish.


Would I go back, you bet I will, whether it be the butternut squash curry, the beetroot tart or the black pea burger, all the vegan options are delicious, so try and stop me.


No comments:

Post a Comment