Brewdog Peter Street Manchester - 23rd September 2016

Brewdog has been on my radar for ages, as I was dying to try their vegan Hail Seitan burger and a Friday lunchtime visit to Manchester was the day.   I made an enquiry a week before our visit, to ask about gluten free bread for my husband, with the positive reply being they would ensure something was available.


I also wanted to check out their Vegan Society trademark range of beers, which is a huge step forward, by a major brewer (see here).   I chose Dead Pony Club, a strange name for a vegan beer, but nothing strange about the taste, I am not even a beer drinker, but I loved it.



I love the vibe of Brewdog, punk style with attitude, minimalist but totally chilled, all the staff on the day I visited, were fantastic to deal with, friendly, helpful and smiling.


There are two vegan options on the menu, the Hail Seitan burger and the Soy Division tofu dog (vegan option available).



I chose the burger and Steven the tofu dog, as a gluten free option and it would have been rude not to have fries.




I could use all kinds of superlatives, to describe the Hail Seitan burger, but will only use one 'Stupendous' it was meaty in texture, tasty, tender, delicious and plenty of it, on a lovely light wholemeal bun with thin fries.    Dead Pony Club alongside to wash it down and it was a 100% perfect vegan lunch.


The tofu dog was equally delicious and we loved its quirky presentation, on very light gluten free buns.   Our plates were clean when the waiter came to clear the table and I mentioned how good the seitan was and my failures to make anything like edible at home. He told us the seitan was homemade and even explained the process, which was about five hours, so maybe I need to give it another go.

I loved Brewdog and it is always good to know, where you can find vegan options, so I will be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment