Food By Breda Murphy Station Road Whalley - 20th September 2016

Food By Breda Murphy is a restaurant, delicatessen and offsite caterers, with the railway station immediately opposite, so I arrived virtually on the doorstep, though there is a small car park for customer parking.


I rang to enquire about the vegan curry (clearly marked on the menu), to check for things I am allergic to.   The lady I spoke to was very helpful and I was relieved to hear the dish contained no soya or pulses I am allergic to, but chickpeas which thankfully are not one of them.


The place is modern, light and bright, with a deli counter, though not much for vegans, but everything looked fresh.   They also sell a small range of gifts, candles, glassware and ceramics.




The waitress looking after us, said that alongside curry, their breads were suitable for vegans and they could make a houmous sandwich with various salads, but I never pass on a curry.

When my lunch arrived, the presentation was great, but it was not a particularly big portion. I do not want huge plates of food, but even I thought it was small priced at £13, which I think is a bit steep.


The dish was served with mini poppadum, but as I was unsure if they were made with lentils, decided to leave them.   I should have asked really, but sometimes I just do not like making a fuss, especially when I am with a friend.   The curry was absolutely delicious, full of flavour and better than many Indian restaurants, although next time I may ask for it hotter, being a proper chilli head.

Overall I really enjoyed Food by Breda Murphy, who use quality ingredients and serve delicious food, however the curry is on the skimpy side, my husband would not find it substantial enough.   Maybe the addition of chips or bread would feed hungry vegans like me, but I would love to return to see what else they can offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment