Carluccio's Spinningfields Manchester - 23rd September 2016

Carluccio's has been another place on my to visit radar, so I booked for dinner, whilst on an evening out in Manchester.   The main city venue is in Spinningfields, with another outlet at Piccadilly station.


The added bonus is their vegan menu, offering only a small selection of options, but compared to other Italian outlets is most welcome.


Inside it is modern, light and airy and we had a lovely table for four, so plenty of room, for just the two of us.



I kicked off with a Campari and soda and some delicious giant Sicilian green olives, with a name like mine, I am a bit of an olive expert and these were delicious.


To start I chose caponata an aubergine sweet and sour stew, served chilled with focaccia bread, this was a lovely tasty dish.


Main course was spaghetti pomodoro, which was the weakest dish of the night, the tomato sauce was quite dry and needed a big glug of olive oil and was severely under seasoned.   Spaghetti pomodoro, a dish made of simple ingredients should be stunning, but sadly not on this occasion.


I chose a sides of broccolini, with chilli, garlic and almonds, a star dish and far superior to the pasta, in fact the components in larger quantities, would make a great topping for pasta.


Service by Alberto our waiter, was friendly, helpful and any request quickly dealt with, so I was well looked after.   I enjoyed the evening, but with so many places offering vegan options, competition is hot and I am not sure I would rush back.   Italian cuisine is my favourite and I have been lucky enough to dine out all over Italy, so know the vegan offerings could be so much more exciting at Carluccios'.


No comments:

Post a Comment