Bashall Barn Visitor Centre Bashall Town - 1st and 9th December 2015

Bashall Barn has grown and evolved over the years and appeals to all ages.   It has a restaurant, ice-cream parlour, coffee shop, farm shop and is also a successful wedding venue, so its multi functioning.

I visited with a friend for lunch and it was great not having to pre-order, as they have three vegan options on the menu.


It is a bright, light and airy restaurant with a wood burning stove on entering, plenty of comfy seating and well spaced tables and on a nice day, an outside deck with views over the beautiful Ribble Valley countryside.



I chose the chickpea burger, chips and tomato salsa, with salad to replace the onion rings, which was a good decision, as I do not think I would have managed to eat them.   It was a good sized portion, the burger was delicious with the salsa and the chips were fantastic.




Service from the young waitress and General Manager Henk who looked after us was spot on, friendly and professional and any requests dealt with quickly.

I revisited Bashall Barn on the 9th December with other friends, but this time chose the couscous stuffed mushrooms, with chips, salad and onion chutney.   I have to admit previous experience of this kind of mushroom dish, at other restaurants in the past, has not been the best, with the mushrooms so tightly packed with the filling, that it dries out in the oven and ends up with a crust on the top.    Bashall Barn's version was moist, packed with flavour with light and fluffy couscous, lovely chips and the onion chutney went really well.



Sadly I cannot try their other vegan dish, bean chilli as I am allergic to most beans, but I am quite happy to alternate between the two dishes I have already had on future visits, as they are both delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment