The Egg Cafe 16-18 Newington Liverpool - 3rd December 2015

The Egg Cafe is an institution and was on my list to visit, as soon as I landed in Liverpool, so lunch it was.   You cannot miss the place, it stands out with its bright pink exterior and jazzy sandwich board outside.




The building looks like an old warehouse inside, with tables and communal benches, with a second floor, so plenty of seating.   Its a really chilled atmosphere and it was packed, most of the tables were occupied with queues at the counter, always a good sign.   You order at the counter and they give you an order number and then call out when your food is ready.



I ordered vegan leek and mushroom crumble, which came with either rice or mixed salads, so I opted for the salads.   I had to pick through the salads to remove some of the beans I cannot eat, which was my fault, as I forgot to mention my allergies when I ordered.   My husband ordered the chilli sin carne with rice and with two bottles of water the bill came to £15.00, a bargain.




The portions were a good size, you certainly do not go hungry and I really enjoyed the crumble, it was all very tasty, as was the chilli.   The Egg Cafe will be my breakfast place of choice, when I revisit Liverpool in January, as I have heard from Twitter friends, that they make a mean vegan breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment