Delifonseca Stanley Street Liverpool - 3rd December 2015

Delifonseca Stanley Street, is one of two restaurants, run by the same team, the other being at Dockside and the only reason we chose it, were the vegan options on the menu.  On the night we visited there was torrential rain, so a plus point was how near it was to the Premier Inn we were staying at.


There is a small, cool bar area downstairs, with old cinema seats to sit on, still with seat numbers in place, it had a really relaxed chilled atmosphere, with the restaurant on the second floor upstairs.   I must give top marks to the chap serving behind the bar (I really wish I had asked his name, so I could mention him).   When I asked about vegan options, he immediately came over with the menus and his Ipad with the specials, which were on the board upstairs and said any dishes that could be veganised, they would be happy to do so.






When we were ready to go upstairs, the chap rang the restaurant staff and the kitchen, to let them know I had a vegan dietary requirement, he made me feel that I would be well looked after, which I was.



I had olives to nibble on, you get good and bad olives and these were excellent.   On the specials board, the vegetarian option was griddled cauliflower "steak" with pine nuts, ricotta, cumin yoghurt and toasted sourdough.   I asked if it could be veganised suggesting houmous and aubergine pate instead of the dairy elements and with a side order of chips.   When it was served chef had decided to serve it with tahini sauce and he made the right decision, it was fantastic, I loved it, an absolutely spot on dish and not a crumb left on my plate.



Delifonseca has a great wine list, with many organic wines, which is unusual for a restaurant, so to accompany the meal, I chose a Gerard Bertrand organic Chardonnay, which was delicious and I love their ethos with their environmental credentials and low carbon footprint.



Service throughout from first stepping through the front door and the chap in the bar, to waitresses Jen and Carrie-Ann upstairs, was friendly and helpful, really could not fault it.   Will I return to Delifonseca, you bet I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment