Bells of Lazonby Vegan Gluten Free Mince Pies

I found Bells of Lazonby vegan mince pies, also gluten free, in Booths supermarket and having had no success finding vegan mince pies elsewhere, bought two boxes.



Why have I not tried them before, well I tend to look out for products, with vegan on the packaging and these only mention dairy free and the only reason I checked out them, was my twitter friend Chantal tweeting about them.   I contacted Bells who quickly responded and said that vegan labelling will be introduced in the future, which is great news.

As for taste testing, well I do not understand why you would buy other mince pies, the pastry is light, crumbly and not too thick and the filling is lush and full of fruit.   When warm and served with dairy free cream, its a pretty terrific combination.



No comments:

Post a Comment