Ancoats General Store Great Ancoats Street Manchester - 5th February 2017

Ancoats General Store has been on my radar to visit for ages, its located in Ancoats, recently named hippest place to hang out in the UK, by Travel Supermarket.   Ancoats General Store is a coffee bar and convenience store, focusing on vegan, gluten free and dairy free products, with craft beers, wines and spirits for sale.



They have introduced Scrancoats food market each Thursday, a new food stall moves into the store's cafe area, serving food from midday until 8 pm.   Scrancoats is the idea of Manager Oliver Devoti, and has taken off so well, they are booked up until the end of April. Matthew Nutter (Plant Powered Food Chef) of The Allotment, is designing a selection of sandwiches for the cafe, available each day, apart from Thursday and is also hosting the Scrancoats event on the 30th March, so that's a date in my diary.

I loved Ancoats General Store, before I even got there, as I kept seeing their tweets, offering vegan products such as Cherry Explosion cake, vegan mayonnaise and nutritional yeast.





Inside the coffee bar area is small, but urban cool, with loads of wood, as in the photo below, with seating facing out to the window and lots of things to buy, I really loved how they have fitted the place out.



I ordered a decaf Americano coffee, with an irresistible vegan raspberry brownie, displayed on the counter, which was a perfect mid morning snack.



I wandered round the shop, to find they have so many vegan products, from companies such as Suma, Ecoleaf, Bio D, Cauldron, Tofurky, Biona, Taifun, Dragonfly to name but a few.  




I will definitely revisit when next in Ancoats, sooner rather than later, as I want to re-visit Rudy's pizza, just round the corner.   I believe if Rudy's is busy, they take your phone number, hand you a ticket, so you can head off to Ancoats General Store and have a drink, whilst you wait for the call.   What a brilliant idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment