Zefferellis Compston Road Ambleside - 9th February 2017

I last visited Zefferellis in October last year (see here) and is somewhere not to be missed, when in Ambleside, so I went for dinner.

Zefferellis is always busy, on any night, so it is always advisable to book and even on a freezing cold Thursday evening, the place was buzzing.   We had a lovely cosy quiet table and had a drink, whilst we perused the menu.





We chose a very nice bottle of Castel Firmian Merlot to go with our dinner, which is one of the many vegan wines, they have on the list.

We both chose the avocado caponata, a light refreshing starter, so it was perfect to begin our meal.



My Twitter feed told me it was National Pizza Day, so of course it would be rude, not to partake.   I ordered a Big One without cheese, although our waiter offered me some vegan cheese, but kindly brought me some olive oil for drizzling, when I asked.



Steven ordered the veggie chilli, with brown rice and vegan cheese, it was a good sized portion, but having walked eleven miles that day, he was not complaining.



The food was excellent and complimented the wine, my pizza had lots of topping, was moist and delicious, as was the chilli, we demolished the lot and left clean plates.

Any vegans on a trip to Ambleside, are missing out, if it does not include a visit to Zefferellis, its been on my to visit list for more years than I care to remember and will be for many years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment