Graze Crag Brow House Bowness on Windermere - 11th February 2017

Graze was a life saver, during a long walk, for a vegan lunch stop, as Bowness on Windermere, is not remotely vegan friendly.




There is outside seating for summer days, but on a cold Friday, we chose the modern but cosy inside.



I asked the lady owner, if the tomato and roast red pepper soup and bread was vegan and also soya free.   I always feel a sense of relief, when you chat to people, who really do want to look after their customers, she confirmed the soup was fine and even showed me the ingredients list for the bread.   I had a quick chat with her husband, who was equally helpful and it was apparent they wanted to be informed about allergies, by the large sign hanging on the counter.




The soup was delicious, full of flavour, a hearty portion and with the bread, the perfect reviver on a cold walk.   Steven had the apple and ginger soup, which I am pretty sure would be vegan, as all the options that could be served dairy free, were clearly labelled on the menu and it was one of them and he agreed with me, the soups were spot on.

I would definitely revisit Graze, when next in the Lakes and I am sure any other vegans, visiting would get equally well looked after.


No comments:

Post a Comment