Moose Coffee York Street Manchester - 24th February 2017

Moose Coffee Manchester has a sister venue in Liverpool, which when I visited in January was packed, with a long wait, so I never managed to eat there.   Moose Coffee Manchester has plenty outside seating, but on a very cold Friday morning, we luckily managed to get a seat inside, the place was buzzing, with a queue forming outside, whilst we were there.




The idea behind Moose Coffee is the American breakfast and brunch culture, as in New York City, so they offer a breakfast short order menu, which is quite vast, but includes a vegan option, as well as a sandwich.



I ordered decaf Americano coffee, whilst waiting for my breakfast and having recently given up caffeine, decaf alternatives vary greatly from poor to good, this was excellent.


The avocado with chilli flakes and coriander on sourdough, with grilled tomatoes, was one of the best renditions I have had the pleasure to eat.





The sourdough was soft, with a lovely texture, the avocado was perfectly seasoned and with the tomatoes, was a spot on brunch dish.

We had a chat with Joanne, who I think is the Manager and complimented her on the food and commented on how busy it was.   She said that at weekends, they could sometimes have an hour and a half wait, I am not surprised the food is so good.   What a great place and one where I will definitely rush back to, when next in the city.


No comments:

Post a Comment