Cafe Northcote Cathedral Square Blackburn - 17th November 2016

Cafe Northcote is located in a building, forming part of the new £30 million Blackburn Cathedral Quarter development, to create improved amenities for residents, including offices, hotel, conference facilities public square, gardens and underground car park.   Cafe Northcote is ideally situated close to the train station and is managed by the Northcote Group, who are renowned for their Michelin star restaurant in nearby Langho.

I emailed Cafe Northcote a couple of months back, to enquire about vegan options and had a very positive reply, so I bobbed in for lunch today.




I had smashed avocado on sourdough toast, chilli salsa and chargrilled spring onions, with houmous to replace the poached egg, with a large Americano.   It is one of the best renditions of this dish, I have had, plenty of perfectly ripe avocado, well seasoned and lovely toasted bread.  




I  also could not resist a bag of Vegan Society registered Ten Acre crisps, so it made for an ideal lunch.



I would definitely return to Cafe Northcote and to be completely honest, it would have to be the avocado on toast again, I enjoyed it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment