Violife Original Cheese Slices

I have never been a cheese fan and as a vegan not keen on fake cheeses either.   Whilst wandering round Waitrose, Violife cheese slices caught my eye and when I realised they were soya free, decided I really should give them a go.

Violife started off manufacturing dairy free cheese, for religious fasting periods and grew from there and now have a wide range of products, in a variety of flavours, so every cheese scenario is covered.


I love it is suitable for vegans and vegetarians, dairy free, lactose free, gluten free and most important soya free, so covers most dietary requirements.


My first idea was to make cheese on toast, with Srichara sauce, as I had no vegan Worcestershire sauce.   I have not eaten cheese on toast for more than thirty years, but I loved this vegan version.   Violife is nothing like the cheese products I tried years ago, that put me off vegan cheese, times have moved on, it is excellent.




I now understand why so many of my vegan Twitter followers, declare Violife as the best vegan cheese and now I need to try it in other dishes.   My non vegan husband said it was the best vegan cheese he has tried, both cooked and uncooked, melts well and tastes nice and wants a cheese and tomato sandwich next!

No comments:

Post a Comment