Seggiano - Real Foods From Italy

Seggiano got its name from a small village in southern Tuscany, where it all began, selling artisan products, from small food producers.   I love they label products 'suitable for vegans and  have been enjoying their roasted artichoke hearts for ages, which although not cheap, are king compared to other brands.   I love them on pizza, in pasta dishes and paella, the only problem being, I could easily eat a whole jar on my own.




I came across a jar of their raw basil pesto, in Booths the other day and bought a jar to make dinner that night.




I made Pasta alla Genovese traditionally made with potatoes, green beans and basil pesto, but I added cannellini beans, as I was feeling greedy.   The pesto is dark green, chunky in texture with the cashew and pine nuts and plenty olive oil.






The pesto is delicious and it would make a good topping on a jacket potato with houmous or vegan cheese or drizzled on a pizza thinned down with a little more olive oil.   I definitely need to check out more of their products.


No comments:

Post a Comment