Qzine Swan Courtyard Clitheroe - 23rd November 2016

Qzine describes itself as a Mediterranean bistro, located in Swan courtyard, just off the high street, in the market town of Clitheroe.

I was attracted by the signage on the window, saying they were vegan and coeliac friendly, so great for Steven, who although not coeliac, avoids gluten and wheat products.


On a sunny November Wednesday lunchtime, I was surprised, to find Qzine empty and although we would have preferred to sit in the window downstairs, over looking the courtyard, we were shown to the rather dark and cold upstairs.   One of the staff came back, with two small fan heaters and plugged them in, to give some warmth to the area, which I found rather peculiar, as if they expected no-one to dine with them, so did not bother putting on the upstairs heating.



I asked if they had gluten free bread, the reply to which was no, contradicting their window signage, how bizarre.   I ordered falafel, houmous, flat bread and skin on fries, after confirming, they were vegan, with the waitress saying she would make sure to leave dairy off the dish, so presume they normally drizzle with yogurt to finish.




The food was really tasty and just my kind of food, I love all the components and with a nice pot of green tea, was a perfect lunch.

What a shame the place was so quiet, only one other couple came in, whilst we were there and their first comment was how dark and chilly it was upstairs.   I thought it would make more business sense, to have seated us downstairs, to encourage more footfall, as there is nothing worse, than going into a completely empty establishment.   Would I go back, maybe, as the food I did enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment