Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos

I have recently been diagnosed allergic to a number of foods, which as a vegan, I am finding very hard and soya is one of them.   I am always cooking Asian influenced dishes, like Thai, Chinese and Japanese and so finding a replacement to the likes of tamari and soy sauce, seemed a daunting task.   However Twitter came to my rescue when I asked the question and someone suggested Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos, which is a product I have never heard of.

I purchased some online and used it in my spicy peanut stir fry sauce tonight.   It is not as strong as soy sauce or tamari, nor is it as salty which is great, as I do not use much salt and did not detract from the flavour of the sauce, a favourite of mine for a number of years. I will test again, but next time as a soy dipping sauce replacement and update this post then.





No comments:

Post a Comment