Piccolino Moor Lane Clitheroe - 5th July 2015

I and my husband have been to Piccolino's Clitheroe several times and always get a warm welcome from manager Dan Atzori, who seems to know every customer that walks through the front door and who always ensures that everything runs smoothly.   After a very nice glass of Prosecco in the bar, we were shown to our table.


We had complimentary bread with olive oil whilst we decided what to have.   There are not many vegan options on the menu, but they are very accommodating about veganising any dishes like pizza, risotto, salads etc.    I ordered an asparagus starter, without the poached egg and buttered breadcrumbs, as a vegan option, so with salad as a replacement, after speaking with our waiter, who was fully clued up about vegan and who ensured that everything I was served was vegan friendly.   I was half way through eating this dish, before I remembered to take a photo, so I had eaten half of it already, but it was excellent.


I ordered a Capricciosa pizza,  which is mozzarella, mushrooms, ham, olives, artichokes, tomato and basil, but I replaced the ham and cheese with roasted peppers and capers and it was really delicious as can be seen from the photo.


I ended the meal with a large espresso, as I was so full I could not manage a dessert although there are sorbets on the dessert menu, which maybe vegan friendly, but I never asked, perhaps next time!


I have been to several Piccolino's including the Manchester branch, which I reviewed earlier in the year with the visit being a disaster.   The Clitheroe branch is my favourite, the service is always excellent especially when Dan is there and the venue is in a lovely iconic building with outdoor seating if the weather is good so I hope to revisit sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment