Giovanni Root 66 Shampoo And Conditioner

I had been using Giovanni Root 66 hair products for years with excellent results and I love they contain no Sodium Sulphate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Parabens or Phtalates and nearly the entire Giovanni range is vegan friendly.   I switched to their Colorflage Brazenly Brunette range and found them equally as good.   Giovanni products were not easy to find on the internet at that time and my supplier removed both these products and replaced them with Ultra Sleek, Ultra Volume and Ultra Moist, so I bought some Ultra Moist.   After coming out the shower, my eyes would be on fire, red, sore, irritated, burning and my upper eyelids so swollen they would hang over my eyelashes.   I moved onto the Ultra Volume and then the Ultra Sleek, with the same result.   I tried washing my hair over the bath but found it impossible to not get some of the product near my eyes, I even considered buying some swimming goggles.   I really did not want to switch to another manufacturer as my hair loved all the Giovanni products, even though my eyes did not.

The solution lay in a food allergy test I had the beginning of this year, which showed I was allergic to sunflower seeds and some sunflower oils (dependent on cold pressed or refined), lentils and the kidney bean family.   After following an elimination diet for four months, it turned out I could not eat any pinto, black, navy, soya, aduki or haricot  beans which I can only assume my body thinks are evil!

What has this got to do with shampoo and conditioner you ask?   The common ingredient in all the Ultra range is Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, which prevents static and is derived from the cluster bean, which I can only presume my body saw as an allergen.   I was sceptical at my findings, but was desperate and having found another supplier I checked the ingredients of my old favourite Root 66 ....no Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride.   I bought trial samples and hey presto no reaction so will stick with it in future.





No comments:

Post a Comment