The Aspinall Arms Mitton Road Whalley - 18th July 2015

I took my husband to The Aspinall Arms last night, having only been for lunch before, due to them having an ever changing vegan menu.   It was a lovely sunny evening, the garden and river views are hard to beat, so its worth a drive to get there.

The July vegan menu, as usual had some excellent choices on, with some old die hards like the Vegan Pad Thai, but I chose the heritage beetroot salad with pickled walnuts.



The main course was Keang Pa Thai curry with pea aubergine, squash, baby corn, aubergine and wild rice which I asked for spicy, it was wonderful and as with the beetroot salad beautifully presented.


I was fit to burst by the end of this dish so just had one blob of cherry sorbet for dessert, which I had devoured before I remembered to take a photo!

I contacted The Aspinall Arms earlier in the week, to ask about vegan wines on their list and received a swift reply with the list below, so we pushed the boat out and ordered a very nice Crozes Hermitage.



It gives me a sense of freedom being able to book a table and not have to worry about what I will have to eat or I can walk in off the street and know there will always be something to have.   Its definitely worth a drive to visit The Aspinall Arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment