Dr Loosen

I am a big fan of Riesling wines, although I know the impression is they are sweet and low in alcohol but this is not always the case and I love them.   Dr Loosen have been making top quality wines in the Mosel valley for many years, but I never tried them, being unsure of their vegan friendly status, so sent off an email to find out.

I received a very nice email back from Kirk Wille VP (I presume Vice President) with the following message:

We do not use any animal products in the production of Dr. Loosen Riesling.   There is only a light filtration with diatomaceous earth before the bottling.   Our Rieslings are definitely suitable for vegans.   I hope you enjoy them!

You cannot say fairer than that and I will be looking out for Dr Loosen on wine lists in the future, but really enjoyed the 2012 vintage of Dr L Riesling recently, a lovely light and refreshing wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment