P And O Cruises

I have cruised with P&O for years and their wine lists have come on leaps and bounds.   They label wines clarified with vegetarian substances, with those by the glass totalling seven.   However they could easily go one step further, as to vegan suitability, but they are in good company, the majority of restaurants don't either.

I decided as an experiment, to check the vegan credentials of their wines by the glass, which totals twenty and I expected probably three or four to be vegan.   It was quite a job, involving emailing the winery, vineyard or UK distributor, with some like Boutinot way ahead of everyone else, specifying vegan suitability on their website.

I was surprised that out of twenty wines, twelve are vegan friendly (come on P&O where did seven vegetarian wines come from?)




I will have even more wine choices when I next cruise and hope that P&O will improve their labelling, because if I can find out, sure they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment