The Three Fishes Mitton Road Whalley - 5th August 2015

I booked The Three Fishes to celebrate my husband's birthday and got in touch, to ask if Head Chef Ian Moss could create a vegan menu for me, as he has done in the past.


The menu read well and just shows how interesting vegan food can be, not just a pile of salad leaves, which sadly is some places interpretation of what a vegan eats.   The pea and broad bean soup was so smooth and velvety in texture and full of flavour, complimented by the basil oil, drizzled on the top.   I devoured the lot!


Ribble Valley Inns who own The Three Fishes amongest others introduced "Innspired" presenting seasonal dishes created to show the inspiration and talents of their Head Chefs.   My main course was created by Paul Morris, Head Chef at The Bull Broughton, which is now on my to visit list.   I like that The Three Fishes "veganised" the dish it made me feel included, as a vegan its usually a case of being the odd one out.   The refrigado sauce was a great accompaniment replacing the fennel slaw on the original dish, I loved it and its presentation.


My dessert was raspberry and orange jelly with strawberry compote, sadly I did not do it justice, as I was very full by this time, but it was very tasty.


I have been to The Three Fishes a number of times and believe they are soon to introduce a vegan menu available all the time, how wonderful, no need to plan visits so I am dying to see what the dishes are.

No comments:

Post a Comment