Refried Beans Olive Style

I used to make this recipe with either kidney, pinto or black beans, but a recent allergy test revealed I was reacting to all of them.   So I decided to use cannellini, one bean I can still enjoy and in this dish, they tasted great.

400 g cannellini beans
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 garlic clove crushed
½-1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 onions chopped
150 ml tomato sauce (I make my own)
Salt and pepper

Saute the onions in the oil until well cooked and slightly browning, add the paprika, cayenne and garlic and cook gently for a good 5 mins to release the spices aromas, without burning them or the garlic.


Add the tomato sauce and cook gently for 1-2 mins, add the beans and stir well to heat the beans through, then gently mash the beans with a potato masher or the back of a large spoon.


Season to taste and serve with corn tacos or tortillas and your choice of accompaniments.


No comments:

Post a Comment