Emiliana Organic Vineyard

I love Emiliana wines and their commitment to produce organic, sometimes bio-dynamic wines and the fact all their wines are vegan and available in most supermarkets, so easily accessible.  Their website is well presented, with technical notes for their wines, more so recently even down to the finer details of production methods, which is sadly lacking on many sites.   They are in the process of updating their website, so maybe more information will be available soon.

I have so far tried the Novas Cabernet Sauvignon which is neither fined nor stabilized; it is just lightly filtered with a 1-micron cartridge filter prior to bottling, it begs the question why are isinglass, milk casein or egg used, if it can be done naturally, I can only think it is down to cost.   This is a powerful wine at 14% so for me its wine to drink with food, but it is delicious.


Another Emiliana wine in my wine rack, yet to be drunk is Adobe Gewurtztraminer another powerful wine at 13.8% but will be great with spicy food like Indian or Thai, so cannot wait to try this one.


The Emiliana range is far larger than I imagined, so it is going to be fun sampling them all and so I will update this post as and when.

No comments:

Post a Comment