Bernard Darnault 2015 Viognier from Naked Wines

Naked Wines is exclusively online and I ordered their twelve bottle vegan wine case, which can be delivered to your local Majestic Wines , which acquired Naked in April 2015.


I kicked off sampling the Bernard Darnault 2015 Viognier and below is a little information about the winemaker himself.



My name is Benjamin Darnault, I live in a small hamlet called Calamiac, which is situated just outside the village of La Liviniere, in the Languedock region of southern France.   I have the strong belief, that this little pocket of the Languedoc, is a real heaven for producing interesting, exciting and different wines.  

This is one of the oldest and largest vineyards in the world, where people have been cultivating grapes for wine since the Roman times.   Exploring the area, you feel like you have stepped back in time and that things have almost been left untouched.

As a winemarker it is an exciting environment, as the old bush vines are capable of producing great and authentic old terrior wines and all this can be enjoyed at a very reasonable price.

The wine is a pale yellow straw colour, with a smooth well rounded full flavour, with lots of cirtrus fruit and I drank it with my husband and next door neighbours, who all gave it the thumbs up.   I would definitely buy this again.



No comments:

Post a Comment