Yomojo Plant Powered Food

Yomojo are natural raw bars, truffles and bites,  taking one to three days to make, all by hand.   They contain no dairy, soya, gluten, palm oil, added sugars, syrups or fillers and the plant based, compostable packaging is made in house, keeping waste to a minimum.   You can purchase the products online or from Leicester Wholefoods or Currant Affairs

Rajiv who kindly sent them through the post, was concerned how they would fare, in the hot humid weather we had been having, but they arrived in perfect condition, answering my question, as to how well they travel.   My cycling husband immediately thought them a great idea, for sticking in his cycling jacket rear pocket, as a portable energy boost.   

I took the lemon and ginger and fig and coconut bars with me, on a recent train trip to Edinburgh, my saviours on the journey back, as not even a fruit salad was available.   The bars are a good size for snacking,  or in my case for filling a hungry tummy, between meals, with a firm yet moist texture, perfect on sweetness and delicious.





My husband took the blueberry and hazelnut truffle cycling and said it was perfect with a cup of tea, at the cafe stop, a gorgeous colour from the blueberries and a real treat.






The lemon and seed bite, with its lovely yellow inside, had a real kick of lemon, according to Steven who had the pleasure of munching on it, sadly I am allergic to sunflower seeds.   He raved again what fantastic portable cycling snacks Yomojo's are, as they do not melt like chocolate, or crumble like flapjacks or biscuits, not good when you are cycling along at speed.




Finally I polished off the last of my Yomojo stash, the cacao and hazelnut truffle, it was a deep chocolate flavour, with plenty hazelnuts, really yummy.





My overall thoughts on Yomojo are what excellent products, not as cheap as some, but being handmade, using top quality ingredients and with their green credentials, I expect to pay a premium.   They have great flavour, fabulous for travelling, in your bag, for those times, when vegan options are thin on the ground, I love them.



No comments:

Post a Comment