Yeni Meze Bar Hanover Street Edinburgh - 23rd July 2016

Yeni Meze Bar is on busy Hanover Street and was an easy choice, with its clearly labelled menu, with so many vegan options.   It is a popular venue, judging by the number of customers inside and you relax, as soon as you walk through the door.



Our waiter Dimitris, was really friendly and helpful, explaining they had a special lunch menu at £9.95 per person for three dishes.



It was so easy to order wine, as the list was labelled with a selection of vegan wines, so I chose a delicious Picpoul de Pinet, one of my favourite white wines.



I chose five dishes, so I had plenty of choice and Steven chose one for himself, though he was more than happy to eat my vegan choices, being Imam Biyaldi, fattoush salad, falafels, houmous with pitta breads and patates.   The flavours and freshness of the food really shone through, I could not pick a favourite, so delicious was each one.







We finished our meal with a medium Turkish coffee and vegan Turkish Delight, again clearly labelled on the menu.



The whole meal was faultless, from beginning to end, the service, the food, the wine and Dimitris did a great job, always with a smile.   Whoever is responsible, for paying such attention to detail about dietary requirements, deserves a medal, it is wonderful to see such clearly labelled menus.   Would I go back to Yeni, too right I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment