El Piano Grape Lane York - 1st July 2016

I have been wanting to visit El Piano for ages, so a visit to York, to meet up with friends was the perfect excuse.   El Piano a totally vegan establishment, has great kerb appeal, inviting and bright and is equally so inside, quirky and eclectic, with plenty of seating and delicious smells as you walked through the door.   There is also a small courtyard at the back, so you can sit out on sunny days.





I was in vegan heaven, so wonderful to be able to order anything, either food or drinks wise off the extensive lunchtime menu, which I believe changes from time to time.



We kicked off with a delicious and light Vinho Verde Portuguese wine, I loved the label, so bright and colourful, made me smile.


My friends, whose first visit it was to a totally vegan restaurant, had a difficult choice to make, but eventually we ordered a variety of dishes.

 Lentil Dahl with Carrot Bolivian Tinas

 Baby Burger with House Fries

 Seaweed Paella with Housemade Chorizo

 Houmous & Falafel Salad

Mixed Root Fries

I so enjoyed the food, all freshly prepared and delicious, I demolished my falafel salad, one of my favourites.   My friends said they really enjoyed it too, I think they were expecting just some vegetables or lettuce leaves on a plate, not the hot and satisfying dishes served here.

The staff were very friendly and although some may deem the service slow, why would you want to rush, the food is made to order and the place is totally relaxing, I loved it.   I would return to El Piano in a flash and probably next time, visit for dinner and leave some room for one of the rather awesome sounding puddings.


No comments:

Post a Comment