Lunya Barton Arcade Manchester - 3rd August 2016

Lunya Manchester has a sister restaurant in Liverpool, where I had an excellent vegan experience earlier this year (see here).   The Manchester branch is in Barton Arcade, just off  Deansgate and is bright and inviting from outside, with a great bar area downstairs for pre dinner drinks.



Lunya have an extensive vegan menu and let me know which wines were vegan friendly, when I enquired, so I have listed them here.

We called in for lunch to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary, had a warm welcome and were shown to our table upstairs.   Its a very cosy place inside, chilled and relaxed, perfect for eating lovely vegan tapas.


The vegan menu has so many options, I was spoiled for choice, but kicked off with Empeitre olives and cornichons and as I absolutely love sherry, the Tio Pepe En Rama I ordered, was a fine example






To follow I had patatas bravas, Moroccan spiced chickpeas with butternut squash, apricots and almonds and Verduras a la Romana, a light tempura kind of dish, of vegetables coated in Spanish frying flour, with Mojo Picon sauce.   It would have been rude not to have a nice glass of red, so I chose the Organic Fuenteseca Bobal Cabernet, a perfect accompaniment for the tapas.







All the dishes were spot on, full of flavour, fresh ingredients and great presentation, you just wanted to dive in and eat.   Our waiters were Sofia from Greece, herself a vegan of ten years, so it was great to meet her, as I do not meet many vegans and Monica from Spain, who both looked after us so well, it made our visit all the more enjoyable.

I loved the whole experience and when places offer vegan menus, they deserve our support, so when I want tapas in Manchester or Liverpool, Lunya is my choice every time.   Maybe at some point they will clearly label vegan wines and sherries on their menu, as they do the food.   Highly recommended and so good, I cannot wait to make a return visit, probably in the evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment